Cookie management policy
- the use of the Website;
- the User's IP address in order to determine the city of connection. This data is immediately anonymized after location and is not communicated to SYNETICS.
Thus, when consulting the Website, information relating to the navigation of the User's terminal equipment such as computer, smartphone, digital reader, video game console connected to the Internet, etc. (hereinafter collectively or individually referred to as the “Device”) may be recorded in "Cookies" files installed on the Device, in accordance with the choices that the User has expressed and that he may modify at any time.
This Cookie Management Policy explains what cookies are used and how SYNETICS uses them. THE USER SHOULD READ THIS POLICY SO IT CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES SYNETICS USES, THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT USING COOKIES AND HOW THE INFORMATION IS USED.
During the User’s first visit to the Website, a banner informs the User of the presence of these Cookies and invites the User to indicate its choice. Cookies are deposited only if the User accepts them by continuing its use of the Website. In addition, the User:
- can manage the use of each of these Cookies at any time by clicking on the link in the Website's menu;
- has the possibility to block, modify the shelf life, or delete these Cookies.
With respect to Cookies other than those strictly necessary (outlined below), their registration is linked to the consent of the User (Internet user) for the Cookies.
There are only permanent Cookies that remain on the Device until their lifetime expires or until the User deletes them using the functions of his Internet browser.
Only the issuer of a Cookie can read or modify the information contained therein.
The User is informed that:
- during its visits to the Website, Cookies may be installed on its Device;
DEFINITION OF A COOKIE
A Cookie is defined as a small computer file, a tracker, deposited and read for example when visiting a website, reading an e-mail, installing, or using software or a mobile application, regardless of the type of Device used. The term “cookie” includes for example: HTTP cookies, flash cookies, the result of the fingerprinting calculation in the case of fingerprinting (calculation of a sole identifier of the machine based on elements of its configuration for tracing purposes, web bugs or beacons), any other identifier generated by a software or operating system, for example.
- containing a set of data that can be saved in the storage space of its Devine when consulting an online service using its navigation software;
- sent by the Website or third party websites it visits to the User’s browser;
- stored on the User’s Device;
- is then returned to the Website on each visit or to another website that recognizes such cookies;
- helps the Website remember information about the User’s visit, which can make it easier to visit the Website again and the Website more useful to the User.
- is not considered as a spyware or a virus;
- cannot erase or read information from the Device. Nevertheless, the deposit and registration of Cookies may indirectly allow the User to be identified, since they make it possible to detect the pages visited by a User on a website and to memorize the User's profile
Cookies make it possible to store, during the period of retention of the Cookie concerned, status information when a browser accesses the various pages of a website or when this browser returns to the Website at a later date.
A Cookie file allows:
- to its sender: to identify the Device in which it is registered, during the period of validity or registration of the Cookie;
- to the Internet browser: to send information back to the Website of origin (e.g.: a session identifier, choice of language, date).
USED COOKIES & PURPOSES
Type of cookie
Purposes and operational aspects
These Cookies are essential to allow the User to navigate on the Website and use its features.
The information collected by these Cookies is related to the operation of the Website, for example, the scripting language of the Website and the security tokens that ensure the security of the areas of the Website.
These Cookies help make the Website usable by enabling basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the Website. Thus, the Website cannot function properly without these Cookies.
As part of the operation of the Website, the User is informed that SYNETICS sets up, directly or indirectly, the Cookies listed within the present Cookies Policy. Indeed, some of SYNETICS’ services may not function properly if the User disables cookies. When the User’s browser or Device allows it, SYNETICS uses both session cookies and persistent cookies to:
- better understand how the User interacts with SYNETICS’ services;
- monitor aggregate usage patterns;
- personalize otherwise operate SYNETICS’ services such as by providing account security, personalizing the content SYNETICS shows the User including ads;
- remember the User’s language preferences.
For Cookies that do not collect personal data:
SYNETICS informs the User that they will be saved directly on the User’s Device to facilitate its navigation on the Website.
For the other Cookies necessary for the operation of the Website and collecting the User’s personal data:
Before they are saved on the User’s Device, they are subject to the User’s prior consent, under the conditions listed in "Cookie Management".
SYNETICS reminds the User these technical Cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the Website. If the User refuses them, browsing on the Website may be disrupted, or even impossible, and may not take place in optimal conditions of use.
The User is informed that in spite of the pictograms of Facebook (Meta), Instagram and LinkedIn companies, and the referral to each one of these websites, there are no social network cookies on the Website.
MANAGEMENT OF THE COOKIES
The User can also manage the Cookies used on the Website by setting up his Internet browser, as detailed below. Thus, upon arrival on the Website, an information banner indicates that SYNETICS is using such a technology and gives the User the choice to accept them.
Consent to the deposit of the Website's Cookies
The deposit of Cookies is subject to the express will of the User, which the User may express and modify at any time, through the choices offered by its browser software. The deposit and reading of Cookies will not be carried out if the User:
- goes to the Website (home page or directly to another page of the Website) and does not continue browsing or,
- clicks on the link in the banner allowing him to set Cookies and refuses the deposit of Cookies;
General Consent to the deposit of Cookies
At any time, the User may refuse the deposit of Cookies by configuring the Internet browser used.
SYNETICS points out to the User that the fact of uninstalling a Cookie or opposing the installation of Cookies on the User’s Device may modify its browsing experience and prevent the User from benefiting from certain services of the Website.
RETENTION PERIOD OF THE COOKIES
In any event, the shelf life of Cookies may not exceed thirteen (13) months.
The User has several options for deleting Cookies.
Most browsers are set by default and accept the installation of Cookies. The User may:
- choose to accept all Cookies, or to reject them systematically, or to choose which Cookies the User accepts depending on the sender;
- set its browser to accept or reject Cookies on a case-by-case basis prior to their installation;
- regularly delete Cookies from the Device via the Internet browser. Don't forget to set up all the browsers of the User’s different Devices.
Internet browser configuration
- for Apple : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=fr_FR&locale=fr_FR
- for Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en;
- for Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/delete-cookies-in-microsoft-edge-63947406-40ac-c3b8-57b9-2a946a29ae09
- for Firefox™ : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox;
- for Opera™: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies;
- for Safari™: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html; https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac;
- for Vivaldi™: https://help.vivaldi.com/desktop/privacy/cookies/.
In case of using different Devices, the User is invited to make sure it sets up the corresponding browser according to the User’s preferences.
If the systematic deactivation of Cookies on the User’s Internet browser prevents it from using certain services or functionalities provided by SYNETICS, this malfunction shall under no circumstances constitute damage giving rise to a claim for compensation.
If the User would like more information on the tools used to control Cookies, SYNETICS invites to consult the website of the French National Data Privacy Commission (CNIL – Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés) by clicking on the following link: www.cnil.fr/vos-droits/vos-traces/les-Cookies.